our space at SheShed
create. connect. community
At the SheShed, we have a range of mini creative arts & up skilling workshops available for women.
With a focus on empowering women within our local community & collaborating with local artisans we offer a place and space where she can come to create, connect and enjoy genuine community while learning something new. These workshops are also offered on our website calendar and sent out to our database of over 900+ local women on the Sunshine Coast.
Outside of that, the She Shed spaces are available for venue hire. You may wish to host your own workshops, launch your product, have a gallery night, fine art exhibit or even host a small business launch. We also offer a natural light / studio lighting studio for hire where you can carry out headshots, product shots, flat lays, model portfolios etc.
The she shed also has an in house team of photographers, videographers and even a event planner. There is an overflow outdoor space which allows for indoor /outdoor flow to accommodate a food truck & all spaces allow for offsite catering.
Please note we do not host birthday parties at the SheShed, nor do we have the facility to heat, store or manage food prep - for this reason we have a comprehensive list of local food trucks and offsite food caterers.
Amplify your image, tell the world who you are! make more connections, book your next event or workshop or photoshoot with the SheShed
what we offer at SheShed
A place and space where she comes to connect, create and find true community.
All booking at the SheShed have use of the following:
- access to tea & coffee in the coffee shop
- 5 meters of seating tables (seats up to 20)
- 3x standing industrial styled work shop tables
- 2x industrial styled tables for general use, catering etc
- large wash basin for brushes paints etc
- 11 meter black peg board wall ideal for art exhibitions or showing items (BYO wall mounting)
- bathroom with single toilet (not wheel chair friendly)
- bluetooth music system
- free Wifi
You can add on the following in your package:
- Coffee shop complete with a staff member
- Porta loo hire for larger events
- Photography, videography & event stylist
- Ask us for our list of preferred food vendors and offsite caterers
the upper room
Upper room has a seating workshop/meeting space capacity of up to 20 people.
Upper room has a seating workshop/meeting space capacity of up to 20 people. This space has rustic old wooden floors, super old black VJ paneling on the walls, black ceiling and beautiful down lights over the almost 5 meter table. Where ever you look we have stunning art (all for sale) that is rotated monthly by a local artists whom we support. The space has been described by many as an eclectic fusion of Aztec meets industrial.
Currently we have seen team meetings booked in for an hour or two with use of the coffee shop (nothing like having Kai coffee on tap), sip and paint workshops have run in the evening as well as during the day successfully, women meet here weekly at 9.30am on a Tuesday & Thursday's to chat and have community together.
If you have a specific style of event or workshop in mind with up to 20 people, we can probably make it work in the upper room.
the upper room hire includes
- 2 industrial style tables with seating for up to 20
- small Bluetooth Speaker for music
- free Wifi access
- single toilet & powder room
This space has a strict BYO alcohol policy. You can not sell alcohol - no exceptions!
Being we are in a residential area, SheShed must be vacated by no later than 11pm. Please note, all people must be inside the venue and the roller doors closed after 10pm.
Alcohol is to be consumed inside SheShed only.
The Workshop has capacity of up to 60 people including the overflow outside area.
This space has a poured concrete floor, an 11 meter black peg board wall, a 3 meter projector screen and projector for you to plug into.
This space would be ideal for larger events, networking, standing workshops, furniture workshops, launching your product, have a gallery night, fine art exhibit or even host a small business launch or a daily retreat. Having the ability to over flow to out side and hosting a local food truck or offsite catering makes hiring this funky industrial workshop styled space ideal.
the workshop hire includes
- 3 industrial style tables
- 2 ply benches
- 2x freestanding industrial benches for general use and catering
- 11 meter peg board wall for hanging of art etc
- large wash basin for washing of paint brushes etc
- bluetooth speaker for music
- free wifi access
- access to the coffee shop
- single toilet & powder room
This space has a strict BYO alcohol policy. You can not sell alcohol. - no exceptions! Being we are in a residential area, She Shed must be vacated by no later than 11pm. Please note, all people must be inside the venue and the roller doors closed after 10pm.
Alcohol is to be consumed inside She Shed only.
- We have a covid safe plan.
- There are appropriate hygiene facilities throughout the facility eg: hand sanitiser
- Appropriate checking in procedures using government QR codes where required
- We will clean appropriately before during and after events
- We do not prepare or store food on site - you will need to organise an offsite caterer, allow your guests to BYO or ask us for a list of preferred food vendors
- There is strictly no sale of alcohol. BYO only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- SheShed is covered by its own Public Liability insurance. You are responsible for all external materials brought into the space, if you are hosting a workshop you will need to provide your certificate of currency
- Being we are in a residential area, all amplified noise must be switched off by 10pm, guests to be inside venue at 10pm She Shed must be vacated by no later than 11pm.
- Please do not park around the back of the building, there are 3 parks at the front of the building for unloading your vehicle. There is plenty of off street parking down the local side roads.
- Total building capacity including the outdoor overflow areas is around 160 people
- We can seat up to 60 - 70 people in the whole building at one time
- Fees must be paid prior to the booking taking place
- We have 2 bathroom/powder rooms, for larger bookings we would suggest hiring a porta loo
- please note, the workshop space does not have aircon as it is an industrial space, there are large commercial fans for summer - please consider this when booking.
We welcome all enquiries into hiring our space and look forward to sharing in the community together.
Community Members Say
For myself entering The She Shed as a guest, I noticed the relaxed ambience, with beautiful lighting and tasteful decor, which at the same time is showcasing local artists’ work. I immediately felt so welcomed and thoroughly enjoyed my evening.
- Steph Saunders
She shed is such a welcoming and inviting space. A place of refuge and safety for women to come as they are. Kerrie’s love and care for others is just what this community needs. I love that it caters to all women with varying interests. You guys rock!
- Lisa Johnson
It was a great night of learning new creative design! It was so wonderful engaging with other women from the area!
I love SheShed!
- Stephanie Alksne
I love the beauty aesthetic of the space, but I love the heart of SheShed even more. I can't wait for the awesome classes and to use the space myself for work. A safe space for women to find creativity, community and connection on the coast- count me in 100%.