Introduction to Shibori Design and Indigo Dyeing
In this workshop we will explore how to utilise indigo and Shibori techniques to create your own beautiful and unique patterned designs. Workshop is limited to 12 participants
- Learn how to create and maintain an indigo vat
- Learn different pattern making techniques; binding, stitching, folding, twisting and compressing.
- We utilise folded, tied and clamped resist techniques on the workshop
- Dye natural fiber goods in a indigo vat
- All dye materials are provided along with scarves/pillow cases/teatowels/linen bag (you select which one you want to dye)
- Instruction will be given on a creating a variety of patterns.
Refreshments are provided. BYO is welcome. Wear clothes appropriate for dyeing.
Date – 26th June 2022
Duration: 3 hours
Time: 2.30pm – 05.30pm
- Light refreshments
- Either a scarf, linen bag or 2 tea towels
- BYO Alcohol
The SheShed coffee shop will be open for hot drink purchases.
Please note that the images displayed may not fully replicate what is produced in any given workshop - all images are indicative only and all workshops are based on seasonal fluctuations and availability of materials at the time of any given workshop. In some cases stock images maybe used.
As all products are purchased based on the numbers of bookings we do not offer refunds. However, we will credit your payment toward another workshop with the provider you booked with if cancelling within 72 hours of the workshop start time.
If you do not cancel with at least 72 hours notice, period you will lose any payments you have already made. You may transfer your ticket within the 72 hour period to another person, this is helpful to us as the SheShed has limited spaces in both the workshop and in the upper room, and our workshops tend to sell out.
If you choose not to show for whatever reason, you also forfeit your ticket. and all monies paid.
We do not offer refunds.
We are happy to exchange your Tee due to wrong sizing as long as it is unworn, unmarked and can be sent back in the original packaging within 7 days of receiving the item.
Delivery will be at your own expense and return postage also at your own expense.
To organise a exchange please email firstname.lastname@example.org